Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Where to eat in Fort Worth right now: 5 hot new restaurants for August. Fort Worth is enjoying what feels like an unprecedented wave of new restaurants opening all over town. For this edition of Where to Eat, our monthly guide to the best restaurants to check out, we bring word of the five newest restaurants, hot off the grill, including a new barbecue joint, a sandwich shop, and a sports bar downtown.
2. Reese Witherspoon's Southern-inspired boutique sweetens up Southlake Town Square. On August 2, Southlake Town Square teased a major retailer announcement on social media with a picture of sweetheart celebrity Reese Witherspoon. Then it quietly dropped a post that was met with many googly heart eyes and wild applause emojis: Witherspoon's Draper James boutique will be opening in the fall, it said.
3. This surprising DFW ZIP code is one of the hottest neighborhoods in the U.S. What may be a well-kept secret isn’t anymore — one of the hottest neighborhoods in the state, no, the entire United States, is in Arlington. Seriously.
4. These are the 11 best things to do in Fort Worth this weekend. The slate of events in and around Fort Worth this weekend includes beginnings, endings, and continuations. Two new local theater productions will start their runs, and a summer series and art exhibition will come to an end.
5. Very hot Impossible burger finally arrives at Burger King in Fort Worth. The buzzy Impossible Burger, the plant-based burger hailed as the most convincing fake yet, finally debuted at Burger King locations in Dallas-Fort Worth and across the country on August 8. The Impossible Burger was first launched in 2016 and has enjoyed a meteoric rise, with restaurants and stores clamoring to get it.