Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Dallas-Fort Worth's most festive holiday market returns with an extra gift for 2019. When news dropped like a lump of coal that the beloved Enchant Christmas Light Maze would not return to Arlington for the 2019 holiday season, one of the biggest questions was what would happen to its popular Christmas market. Shoppers now can raise their peppermint lattes to toast the good news: the Texas Christkindl Market is coming back. And it's unwrapping a new feature.
2. New Asian restaurant in north Fort Worth does up bowls of all kinds. The bowls are coming, the bowls are coming: Char'd: Southeast Asian Kitchen, a baby chain with two restaurants in the DFW area, will open a third in Fort Worth proper, at 8901 Tehama Ridge Pkwy., in the Presidio Towne Crossing shopping center in north Fort Worth.
3. These are the 7 best food and drink events in Fort Worth this week. Yoga, anyone? Yoga paired with everything from mimosas, beer, and wine is on the schedule at multiple venues by week’s end. Looking for a complete list of best things to do this weekend? You're in luck. Here it is.
4. Beloved Fort Worth artist Nancy Lamb paints pizzazz on whimsical new accessories. Artist Nancy Lamb is downright giddy talking about wrapping paper, purses, and beach towels. In fact, she's as excited about the launch of Artspace111's Nancy Lamb Shop — a new collection of fashion accessories and home decor bearing her designs — as she is about any big gallery opening.
5. These are the 11 can't-miss shows in Dallas-Fort Worth theater for September. It's still festival time in both Fort Worth and Dallas, along with a few familiar titles from a certain ALW (that's Andrew Lloyd Webber to most). Some recent Broadway hits are also making their way to local stages in regional productions, as are one or two brand-new works showcasing native talent. Here are the 11 shows to see in order by start date.