Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Fort Worth billionaire retains crown as richest person in Texas for 2019. Walmart heiress Alice Walton of Fort Worth remains the richest person in Texas, according to the newly released Forbes 400 ranking. What’s really astounding, though, is that her estimated net worth skyrocketed by more than $6 billion in just one year.
2. Fort Worth couple's whimsical country-club wedding is a floral fantasy come true. "I want everything to look like this,” Hannah Persia told her wedding planner Abbie Oswalt after showing her a picture of a very feminine, floral-motif gown from Carolina Herrera’s fall 2018 bridal collection. The incredible dress became the inspiration for Persia's wedding to Kevin Smith on August 25, 2018, at Shady Oaks Country Club.
3. George Strait’s 220-acre Hill Country resort springs back after massive renovation. It’s certainly not oceanfront property, but country music legend George Strait hopes his refurbished resort in the Texas Hill Country will still leave visitors with a smile. The 220-acre Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort, about 260 miles south of Fort Worth, reopened October 1, following a nearly two-year, multimillion-dollar renovation.
4. Where to eat in Fort Worth right now: 5 hot new restaurants for October. Lately, there have been several local expansion success stories in Fort Worth, whether it’s a second location or an upgrade from a food truck to a brick-and-mortar. For this month’s Where to Eat, we tip our hats to these newly expanded spots.
5. These are the 12 best things to do in Fort Worth this weekend. The slate of events around Fort Worth this weekend is eclectic as always. They include events celebrating two different holiday seasons, two new theater productions, a sneak preview of several anticipated movies, and two huge concerts at the former home of the Texas Rangers.