This week's hot headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Fort Worth billionaire is 3rd richest woman on the planet in 2023, says Forbes. Her fortune took a tiny hit this year, but Fort Worth’s Alice Walton is the woman with the third biggest bank account in the world. According to the 2023 Forbes World’s Billionaires List, released April 4, Walton has a net worth of $56.7 billion.
2. Restaurant starring soup dumplings to open in Fort Worth's Near Southside. Fort Worth is getting an exciting new dumpling spot from a team of high-profile collaborators. Called Teddy Wong's Dumplings & Wine, it'll be a Chinese restaurant with a stellar selection of dumplings and Chinese classics, opening in the Near Southside, at 812 W. Rosedale St., in the space previously occupied by Le's Wok Asian Food.
3. Hill Country nature preserve steps up conservancy efforts with new wildlife plans. A Hill Country park is getting some new features and wildlife this year. The Horseshoe Bay Nature Park, located 60 miles northwest of Austin (about three-and-a-half hours from Fort Worth), will be expanding its conservancy this year through the use of new signage, bee populations, and owls.
4. Edgy new Asian restaurant Eazy Monkey coming to Fort Worth's Magnolia Ave. A rad new restaurant from a powerhouse chef will open in a coveted spot in Fort Worth’s Near Southside neighborhood. Called Eazy Monkey, it's an Asian-themed restaurant that will open in late summer at 401 W. Magnolia Ave., the space previously occupied by Fixture, which closed in late 2022.
5. Popular Fort Worth wine bar with innovative self-serve sips closes suddenly. An innovative wine bar in Fort Worth has closed: 38 & Vine, which notably allowed customers to pour self-serve sips, has closed its location in the Foundry District, as well as a sibling location in Boerne, Texas. As a silver lining for sad Fort Worth wine lovers, they are having a quick close-out sale featuring great wines at amazing prices.