'Yellowstone' meet-and-greet tops this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
This week's hot headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. 'Yellowstone' stars to greet fans at Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo. There was exciting news for Yellowstone fans this week: Cole Hauser a.k.a. "Rip Wheeler," and Taylor Sheridan, the show's co-creator, executive producer, and director of the series, announced they were coming the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo to meet fans and sign autographs.
2. TV channel centered on cowgirls launches in Fort Worth Stockyards. A new TV network called The Cowgirl Channel, a spinoff of the Cowboy Channel, is launching and will be headquartered in the Fort Worth Stockyards. It will feature content centered around Western sports for women, including barrel racing, breakaway roping, women's ranch rodeo, and more.
3. Legendary Longhorn Ballroom reveals first acts to perform at restored North Texas venue. The big acts are coming out for Dallas' famed Longhorn Ballroom, slated for a comeback in spring 2023. The historic venue, currently in the final throes of a renovation, is anticipated to softly reopen at the end of March, and already has shows on the books by epic performers including Emmylou Harris.
4. New Fort Worth ghost tour showcases the spookier side of the Stockyards. A national travel company is showing off the scary side of the Fort Worth Stockyards with the launch of a brand new ghost tour. US Ghost Adventures, an Orlando-based company that hosts ghost tours in some of the most haunted cities in the country, has just added Fort Worth to its list of tour locations.
5. DFW-based Cinemark theater chain hosts Oscars-themed movie marathon. The Cinemark movie chain is giving movie buffs an opportunity to brush up on the Oscars. Plano-based Cinemark Holdings, Inc. will host its annual Oscar Movie Week festival, this year running from Monday, March 6 through Sunday, March 12, in anticipation of the 95th Oscars ceremony, which airs on March 12 on ABC.