This week's hot headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 7 best bars for romantic date-night cocktails. Celebrate love with luxurious cocktails all month long at these seven bars that just ooze elegance. Some offer dimly lit nooks for intimate seating while others present drinks whipped, shaken, and stirred with a flamboyant show.
2. 3 Fort Worth restaurants make Texas Monthly's list of best new spots in the state. Texas Monthly editor Patricia Sharpe has published her list of Texas' Best New Restaurants in 2023. One Fort Worth Mexican restaurant makes the list: Don Artemio, the upscale Mexican restaurant in the Museum District. Tim Love’s Italian restaurant Caterina’s and the revamped Paris Coffee Shop make the list of honorable mentions.
3. Texas literary giant Larry McMurtry's personal estate up for grabs at auction. The partial estate of one of the Lone Star State's most esteemed and prolific writers, Larry McMurtry, is about to go to auction — and fans will be able to get a first glimpse online. Taking place at San Antonio-based Vogt Auction Galleries on May 29, "The Estate of Larry McMurtry" auction will include items from the author's home in Archer City, Texas, including his writing desk, typewriters, artwork, and much more.
4. Huckleberry's bountiful breakfasts with Cajun twist to debut in Keller. There's big breakfast news for residents of Keller and beyond: Huckleberry's, a breakfast-and-lunch chain based in California, is opening a location in Keller at 711 Keller Pkwy., in a former location of Dickey's Barbecue Pit.
5. Willie Nelson is back at the ranch with a smokin' hot lineup for 2023 Luck Reunion. Willie Nelson says he's never been accused of being normal, and that's certainly true of his alternative music festival Luck Reunion. Returning for its 11th year, Luck Reunion is expanding from one day to three, featuring one-of-a-kind culinary and music experiences, March 15-19.