Spring bluebonnet forecast tops this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
This week's hot headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Texas' 2023 bluebonnet season is early - here's when to expect them in Dallas-Fort Worth. After an unseasonably warm winter and the 7th warmest January on record globally, Texans are no doubt wondering what the 2023 spring bluebonnet and wildflower season will look like. Here's when they're expected around Dallas-Fort Worth, experts say.
2. Jewel Charity Ball 2023 journeys to Japan with gold, geishas, and cherry blossoms galore. Fort Worth's grand-dame gala, the 68th Jewel Charity Ball, transported guests to Japan for a sparkling night filled with the sights, sounds, tastes, and enchantment of the "land of the rising sun." About 1,370 black tie-attired attendees mingled, shopped, dined, and danced the night away to a legendary band at Will Rogers Memorial Center's Amon G. Carter Exhibit Hall on Saturday, March 4.
3. Flix Brewhouse keeps Mansfield hopping with new dine-in cinema brewpub. After a long wait, Flix Brewhouse has finalized plans for a location at the Shops at Broad in Mansfield, with a scheduled opening date in fall 2023. The nine-screen luxury theater, which will become the chain's 10th overall location across six states and fifth in Texas, was originally scheduled to open in 2020 until construction stopped with the COVID-19 shutdown.
4. Fanciful Fort Worth fundraiser brings inspired designs to the table for 30th anniversary. For 30 years, volunteers from the Fort Worth Alumnae Associations of Kappa Kappa Gamma and Pi Beta Phi have teamed up for one of the most unique fundraisers in the city - Design Inspirations. The two-day, mega showcase of beautifully set tablescapes has raised more than $1.4 million since its inception.
5. Fort Worth vegan-juice spot Boulevard of Greens bowls over Near Southside. There's a new vegan restaurant and juice haven now open in Fort Worth's Near Southside: Called Boulevard of Greens, it's at 1515 W. Magnolia Ave., in a former poke shop, and is the sibling to a mom-and-pop that first debuted on the west side of Fort Worth.