Fort Worth is one of the cheapest U.S. cities for a night out, study says
DRINKS ON A BUDGET
Inflation may be bringing down the vibes (and the balance) of your bank account, but there's good news if you like to party in Fort Worth.
A study by price-monitoring website PriceListo found that Fort Worth is the No. 9 most affordable U.S. city for a night out.
The study looked at cost-of-living data from U.S. cities with populations above 500,000 to discover the average price of a cocktail, cab fare, bottle of wine, and pint of beer. They also collaborated with hotel deal-finders Vio to determine the median price for a single-night stay in the city.
The overall cost for that late-night buzz adds up to $172.14 in Fort Worth.
Here's how that stacks up: the median single-night price for a hotel stay in Fort Worth will set you back $121.77, while the cost of a three-mile cab fare is $9.47. One cocktail at a downtown club costs $12, while a bottle of good-quality red wine for the table is $15. If you cap off the night at a pub, a pint of beer is just $5.40. And if you need to eat some food to offset the impending hangover, a McDonald’s combo meal costs $8.50. All of that adds up to the ninth most affordable night out in the United States. Don't forget to close out your tabs.
Only one Texas city was more affordable than Fort Worth: San Antonio (No. 2). A night out in the Alamo City costs $134.56. The leading affordable U.S. city for a night out is Las Vegas.
The top 10 cities that are the most affordable for a night out include:
- No. 1: Las Vegas – $120.76
- No. 2: San Antonio – $134.56
- No. 3: Oklahoma City – $136.98
- No. 4: San Francisco – $142.94
- No. 5: Fresno, California – $145.55
- No. 6: Albuquerque – $157.47
- No. 7: Jacksonville, Florida – $162.42
- No. 8: Philadelphia – $168.74
- No. 9: Fort Worth – $172.14
- No. 10: Chicago – $173.81
Other Texas cities fared far worse than Fort Worth. Austin came in as the No. 3 most expensive city for a night out, with the overall cost adding up to $221.23, and Houston was the No. 9 most expensive city for a night out at $209.54.
The 10 most expensive cities for a night out are:
- No. 1: San Diego – $225.27
- No. 2: Charlotte, North Carolina – $224.75
- No. 3: Austin – $221.23
- No. 4: Memphis, Tennessee – $216.25
- No. 5: Columbus, Ohio – $212.47
- No. 6: Boston – $211.16
- No. 7: Seattle – $210.61
- No. 8: Washington, D.C. – $210.39
- No. 9: Houston – $209.54
- No. 10: Tucson, Arizona – $203.39