This week's hot headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Country music bad boy Morgan Wallen headlines ACM Awards benefit show in Dallas-Fort Worth. Dallas-Fort Worth will be the center of the country music universe on May 11, when the 58th Academy of Country Music Awards are broadcast from The Star in Frisco. As with any worldwide, Super Bowl-level event, there'll be many happenings leading up to it. First up: a benefit concert headlined by Morgan Wallen.
2. Fort Worth's buzzy new Koe Wetzel's Riot Room pops open beer-can chicken. Koe has arrived: Koe Wetzel's Riot Room, a new Fort Worth bar and restaurant in which famed country singer-songwriter Koe Wetzel is partnered, has softly opened in the 7th Street district at 1100 Foch St., with live music and a food menu of Southern and Texas classics.
3. Meet the 9 rising star chefs heating up Fort Worth's food scene. While we count down to the big Tastemaker Awards party, we are getting to know the nominees in an editorial series leading up to the event. Up next, the category of Rising Star Chef of the Year. While most of these talented chefs are not new to the industry, many are newer to the local culinary scene or have new ventures. Here are the nominees.
4. Big week for music fans with news of a dozen concerts coming to Dallas-Fort Worth. For summer concert lovers in Dallas-Fort Worth, last week brought a bounty of good news with a big round of tours coming through Texas in 2023. Details have been revealed for tours featuring Drake, TLC, Christopher Cross, Steve Miller Band with Cheap Trick, Willie Nelson, and many more.
5. Where to eat: Best Fort Worth restaurants for Easter 2023 dining. Brunch has become a big trend, but it has always been a thing on Easter Sunday, when it's a tradition to hit up a brunch as a reward for attending Mass. It's such a thing that some restaurants in Fort Worth that are usually closed on Sundays open for special hours on this one holy day. Here's than where to get brunch (and dinner) on Easter Sunday in Fort Worth.