Who Doesn't Love a Bargain?
Ordinarily, we'd be anticipating all the discounts we could get in our annual trips to the State Fair of Texas this time of year. But with the biggest event on the Dallas calendar canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic, we'll have to look elsewhere to soothe our bargain-hunting souls.
We've unearthed some of the best deals around Dallas-Fort Worth to ease the strain on our readers' bank accounts. Below are the top five deals to check out this week.
- Abuelo's: On Mexican Independence Day, September 16, the Mexican food chain, which has five locations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, will offer promotions on two of its most popular margaritas. Guests can get the Mexican Flag Margarita for $8.95, which will be served up in a complimentary take-home “party ball” sphere, while supplies last; or the El Jefe Margarita, which will come with a free, limited-edition shaker to take home, while supplies last.
- B&B Butchers: The steakhouse in Fort Worth will provide 400 complimentary meals (while supplies last) for first responders on both Tuesday, September 15 and Friday, September 18 from 11 am-2:30 pm. First responders can pull in front of the restaurant at The Shops at Clearfork any time during those hours where their meal (a various selection of entrées plus a water or soda) can be ordered from their window and delivered to their car.
- Hopdoddy Burger Bar: The restaurant chain, which has five locations throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, will celebrate National Cheeseburger Day with a weeklong deal. Every day through September 18, guests can double their cheeseburger, adding another patty for free. The free “double it” promo will be available for to-go orders placed online at www.hopdoddy.com or to-go/dine-in orders placed at their nearest location. Guests ordering online should use the code “DOUBLE” to redeem.
- Mutts Canine Cantina: On National Cheeseburger Day — Friday, September 18 — MUTTS Canine Cantina in both Dallas and Fort Worth will offer its signature MUTTS Burger for only $5 (normally $10.50) from 4-9 pm.
- Uncle Julio's: The Mexican restaurant chain, which has seven locations in Dallas-Fort Worth, will celebrate National Guacamole Day, September 16, by offering a large Prepared to Order Guacamole for only $5 (normally $14) for both dine-in and to-go orders. For a complimentary Prepared to Order Guacamole, guests 18 and older can sign up for the Amigo Especial Loyalty Program in an Uncle Julio’s restaurant or at UncleJulios.com (valid for new member sign-ups only). Additionally, dine-in guests can get a Julio’s Gold Margaritas, Frozen ‘Ritas, or Swirl Margaritas for only $5 each, while to-go customers can get either Frozen ‘Ritas or Swirl Margaritas for $5 each at participating locations.