This Week's Hot Headlines
Where to dine with visitors tops this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Where to eat in Fort Worth right now: 8 restaurants to take out-of-town guests. In December, we turn our focus on an immediate holiday-related need: where to take your visitors who are coming in for the holidays. Here are the eight best Fort Worth restaurants to take out-of-town guests.
2. 9 Dairy Queen restaurants around Dallas-Fort Worth abruptly close. Nine locations of Dairy Queen have closed across Dallas-Fort Worth, including restaurants in Euless, Fort Worth, Hurst, Keller, Roanoke, and Grand Prairie. All of the locations were owned by franchisee Lickety Split Food Services.
3. 2 new craft coffeehouses steam ahead near downtown Fort Worth. Fort Worth is about to get a lot more caffeinated. After the recent opening of Ampersand’s second location near TCU, two more coffee shops — Race Street Coffee and Summer Moon Coffee — are set to open this month.
4. Bride and groom take their wedding into the wild at Fort Worth Zoo. Amy Watson has been to many Fort Worth weddings. So when it came time to plan her own, she wanted something different. Working with elite Fort Worth wedding planner Tami Winn, Amy says, the Fort Worth Zoo came up as the perfect venue for her nuptials to Trey Sullivan on March 30, 2019.
5. Fort Worth gala-goers rock the Kasbah at Kimbell Art Museum Red Party. The Kimbell Art Museum's red-haute annual gala whisked guests to Morocco for an exotic night of fun and fundraising December 6. About 375 museum fans, art collectors, philanthropists, and members of the Kimbell's young patrons' club descended on the museum for the Red Party, themed "Night at the Kasbah" for 2019.