Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Beignets and buffets brighten this bite of Fort Worth restaurant news. The dining scene in Fort Worth wasn't letting the end of 2019 get in the way. Right through the holiday and beyond, there were new restaurants opening across town, from a chef-driven eatery in Burleson to an Airstream serving up beignets. Here's what's happening in Fort Worth restaurant news.
2. The most popular Dallas-Fort Worth neighborhoods to buy in for 2020. You're probably already familiar with Mistletoe Heights, Fairmount, and Oakhurst, but data pulled from the last year has revealed the newest most popular neighborhoods in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
3. These are the 9 best things to do in Fort Worth this weekend. While most places are still getting over their holiday hangover, Bass Performance Hall is hitting the ground running in 2020. They'll host three events over three days, including a live music-to-movie concert, a celebration of a legendary composer, and a Tony-winning musical. These are the best ways to spend your free time this weekend.
4. Houlihan's closes Fort Worth location, leaving 2 in DFW area. The Houlihan's restaurant chain closed down a number of restaurants and that includes its only location in Fort Worth. The location at Alliance Town Center, next to Mi Cocina, closed on December 28, according to a note posted on the front door.
5. Top 10 Fort Worth food stories of 2019 include hot biscuits and queso brouhaha. As the year came to a close, we looked back at the 10 most popular restaurant and bar stories of 2019. These were the openings, closings, and newsy bits that Fort Worth readers gobbled up.