This Week's Hot Headlines
Best bars with live music amp up this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 9 best bars with live music. With plenty of concert stages around town — at outdoor bars with spacious table seating and music venues with indoor pits — there’s a place for everyone who’s ready to dive back into the concert scene. Here are nine of the Fort Worth area’s best bars with live music, from the big venues everybody knows to a few restaurant-bars worth grabbing a drink and a show.
2. Seafood restaurant shutters due to I-35 and more Fort Worth restaurant news. Fort Worth's restaurant scene is enjoying a wave of post-pandemic prosperity with all sorts of openings, menus, and funky new dishes. We're back with a vengeance — but also with one sorry closure (or two) to dampen our joy. Here's what's happening in Fort Worth restaurants right now.
3. Fort Worth sisters-in-law debut the charming new shop that Clearfork needs most. The family ties that bind new Fort Worth children's boutique Collins + Conley are as cute as a little pink hairbow. Sisters-in-law Ashley Watten and Sarah Leafgren opened the new store at The Shops at Clearfork on Saturday, June 12 after two years as a successful online business and popular pop-up.
4. Popular TV brothers strengthen their bond with new bourbon headquartered in DFW. Anyone who's watched The Vampire Diaries has probably noticed something: the two leading men drink a lot of bourbon onscreen. Turns out, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder drank a lot of it offscreen, too — so much, in fact, that the pair decided to create their very own bourbon. Brothers Bond, headquartered in Dallas, is now available nationwide.
5. Inspirational Fort Worth jewelry designer earns a time to shine on QVC. Just about everyone in Fort Worth who wears, buys, or gifts jewelry knows of Marcie Finney Ditto and her faith-based Mustard Seed Jewelry. Now approximately 380 million homes worldwide will know about her, too, thanks to an upcoming appearance on the TV shopping network QVC. Mustard Seed Jewelry was named a winner of QVC and HSN’s The Big Find Search, an annual contest to discover the most unique and innovative products around the world.