This week's hot headlines
Healthy new salad restaurants crisp up this week's 5 most popular Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Fort Worth gets healthy with 3 salad-themed restaurants opening at once. Fort Worth is enjoying an extravaganza of healthy new eating options, with three restaurants opening in the FW area that are all about salads, bowls, and good-for-you food. Get your greens on at these three new spots.
2. Southlake Town Square welcomes a bounty of new shops and restaurants. Southlake's best-known shopping center, Southlake Town Square, is poised for an infusion of new shops and restaurants. The 130-acre mixed-use development with 120-plus retail shops and restaurants will be home to a host of new brands over the next few months.
3. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 5 spooktacular bars for Halloween sips. For October's Where to Drink column, here are five Fort Worth bars for grown-ups to celebrate ghoulish Halloween shenanigans all month long. Some are so close together, they'd make for a creepy crawl.
4. World's first water coaster of its kind catapults into Texas amusement park. A popular Texas amusement park is set to welcome a new water flume coaster: Catapult Falls will open at SeaWorld San Antonio in 2023. Called a "launched flume" coaster, the ride will be the first of its kind and will feature the world's steepest drop in a flume coaster.
5. Minus the Dixie, The Chicks make it a family affair at Dallas-Fort Worth concert. The last time the band now known as The Chicks played in Dallas-Fort Worth in 2016, they still had the word "Dixie" attached to their name. The group likely didn't intend for it to be six years before they returned, but they made up for lost time in a 2+ hour concert at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory in Irving on October 10, the first of two straight nights at the venue.