Cooking for a cause
14 top chefs add flavor to fall fundraiser in Fort Worth
This is one fundraiser guests definitely want to show up hungry for. The Fort Worth March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction will feature fine cuisine created by 14 favorite chefs throughout the greater Fort Worth area.
Fall's tastiest fundraiser will get sizzling at 6:30 pm September 26 at River Ranch Stockyards.
Molly McCook of Ellerbe Fine Foods will take the role of lead chef. Joining her is a stellar lineup of chefs from sought-after restaurants and dessert shops, including:
- Jon Bonnell of Bonnell’s Restaurant Group
- Michael Thomson from Michael’s Cuisine Restaurant & Bar
- Todd Phillips of Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse
- Ben Merritt of Fixture Kitchen and Social Lounge
- Tuan Pham of Four Sisters Fort Worth
- Jenny Castor of Lucky Bee Kitchen
- Jaime Fernandez of Black Cat Pizza
- Lindsey Lawing of Sweet Lucy’s Pies
- Steve Mitchell of Bistro 1031
- Carolyn Phillips of Alchemy Pops
- Latarsha Blue of AJAE’s Scoops
- Melvin Roberson of Doughboy Donuts
- Katherine Sasser of Hurley House
Signature beverages will be poured by Lisa and Phil Adams of PRoPER on Magnolia.
Once guests taste all the dishes, they'll be seated for dessert and — the big fundraising portion of the night — a live auction of many fun and fabulous items and experiences, the organizers promise.
Signature Chefs Auction has been a popular annual fundraiser for about 25 years in Dallas. Fort Worth event chairs are Chelsea and Ben Alexander.
“Signature Chefs Auction is a unique opportunity to experience the diverse culinary talent in community while celebrating and supporting a great cause,” Chelsea Alexander says in a release. “We are thrilled and honored to have this gifted group of chefs joining us in our mission to lead the fight for the health of all moms and babies.”
All proceeds from the event benefit March of Dimes and its mission to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality.
Individual tickets start at $250, and tables are available. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit the event website.