This Week's Hot Headlines
Hottest Fort Worth neighborhoods top this week's 5 most popular stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. 3 hottest Fort Worth-area neighborhoods revealed by real estate authority. For first-time homebuyers, the biggest question is: where should I live? A new list may help you narrow down your options. On January 28, real estate brokerage Redfin released its annual ranking of the hottest neighborhoods to watch in 2020, including three in the Fort Worth area.
2. Restaurant to the rescue for debut of Macy's new store concept in Southlake. In an attempt to fight what has dubbed the "retail apocalypse," department store chain Macy's is launching a new store concept that is smaller and uses food as bait. The new concept is called Market By Macy's, and the first of its kind has opened right here in North Texas, at Southlake Town Square, on February 6.
3. Fort Worth's Martin House doubles down with new spicy pickle beer. A Fort Worth brewery is doubling down on the pickles: Martin House Brewing Co., which saw unprecedented success in August 2019 with the release of a pickle-flavored beer, is following up with a new spicy version.
4. Affordable East Coast fashion boutique debuts first Fort Worth-area shop. A women's fashion boutique from Charlotte, North Carolina has chosen North East Mall for its first Tarrant County location. Versona will show shoppers some love when it opens its new Hurst store on February 13, in time for last-minute Valentine's goodies.
5. These are the 11 best things to do in Fort Worth this weekend. It will be an interesting weekend for events around Fort Worth, with the end of the Stock Show, a world premiere opera, new local theater, a surging country group, a classical music gala, and the start of a new football league, and more. Here are the best ways to spend your free time this weekend.