This Week's Hot Headlines
George Strait tops the bill in this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Want to vote in the CultureMap Tastemaker Awards Best New Restaurant tournament? Click here.
1. Country icon George Strait comes back to Fort Worth's Dickies Arena for 2 special concerts. Country superstar George Strait will return to Fort Worth for back-to-back concerts at Dickies Arena on Friday, November 18 and Saturday, November 19. Tickets for both concerts go on sale to the general public at 10 am Friday, May 13 via Ticketmaster.com.
2. Yellowstone's Kevin Costner and Jen Landon help Grapevine gala rope in $2.9 million. In the wild, wild west world of black-tie charity balls, there's rarely a guaranteed lasso to success. But nonprofit Emily's Place hit the target and then some, raising a jaw-dropping $2.9 million at its "Black Ties & Grassroots" 20th Anniversary Gala starring Kevin Costner and his Modern West band, and emceed by Yellowstone co-star Jen Landon.
3. Top 10 Fort Worth restaurants are the city's real tastemakers in 2022. We've reached the pinnacle of the 2022 edition of the annual Tastemaker Awards, CultureMap's culinary celebration shining a light on the top talent in Fort Worth's restaurant and bar communities. Here are the 10 nominees for 2022 Restaurant of the Year.
4. Tim Love's new Fort Worth venue Tannahill's Tavern locks in opening lineup. The Stockyards will soon be overflowing with big concert names come October, with the opening of Tannahill's Tavern & Music Hall, Fort Worth's newest music venue, which has unveiled its inaugural lineup of acts that include Ludacris, the Mavericks, and Foreigner.
5. 6 historic Fairmount homes roll out welcome mat for 40th annual Fort Worth tour. After two years of remote and virtual viewing, visitors once again will get to step inside some of the oldest and grandest homes in Fort Worth on the Fairmount National Historic District's 40th Annual Tour of Historic Homes. Taking place, per tradition, on Mother’s Day weekend, May 7-8 (12-5 pm both days), the tour will welcome guests inside six beautifully preserved properties.