Breathtaking Hill Country hideaway is Vrbo's only Texas Vacation Home of the Year
A magnificently hidden home in Dripping Springs has been chosen as one of Vrbo's "Vacation Homes of the Year" for 2023. It was the only Texas home chosen out hundreds of thousands of private residences on the vacation rental site.
The Vacation Homes of the Year showcases several popular homes throughout the country (with the occasional international spot) that range from "idyllic lakeside escapes to cozy mountain retreats and desert paradises." In all, two homes are based in California, and one each in Arizona, North Carolina, Oregon, New York, Florida, South Carolina, Idaho, Colorado, and Mexico.
Texas' Hill Country Riverfront Hideaway is tucked away on five acres of land bordering the Pedernales River. The home spans 2,150 square feet with an open-concept living area, three spacious bedrooms, two lavish bathrooms, a modern chef's kitchen, fireplace, and a breathtaking wrap-around terrace.
Floor-to-ceiling windows complete the space, allowing guests to take in the tranquility of the Hill Country. With the home's 430 feet of river access, visitors can enjoy escaping the city and relax into the views of the vast canyon below.
It's about an hour-long drive to Fredericksburg.Photo courtesy of Vrbo
The property is within a half hour drive to many of the finest wineries, breweries, and must-see outdoor recreation spots in Dripping Springs. Fredericksburg is an hour's drive west for those wanting to head deeper into the Hill Country, and downtown Austin is an hour's drive to the east.
The average nightly cost for the riverfront oasis is $475.
Expedia Brands president Jon Gieselman shared in a press release that there were plenty of eye-catching homes to wade through for the report.
"This year’s Vacation Homes of the Year range from an urban oasis and a cozy ranch home under $400 a night to a beachfront estate that can sleep the whole family and more," said Gieselman. "Every single Vacation Home of the Year has a beautiful view, and combined boast seven private pools and fire pits, eight hot tubs and even five putting greens."
The full list of Vrbo's 2023 Vacation Homes of the Year are:
- No. 1 – The Oasis Estate in Palm Springs, California
- No. 2 – The Happy Roadrunner in Phoenix, Arizona
- No. 3 – The Chasestone in Lake Norman, North Carolina
- No. 4 – The Contemporary Gem in Manzanita, Oregon
- No. 5 – Ocean View Oasis in Montauk, New York
- No. 6 – The Riverfront Hideaway in Dripping Springs, Texas
- No. 7 – 30A My Way in Rosemary Beach, Florida
- No. 8 – Port of Call in Isle of Palms, South Carolina
- No. 9 – Salmonfly Lodge in Victor, Idaho
- No. 10 – Trestle House in Winter Park, Colorado
- No. 11 – Villa Luna Nueva in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico