Old Fashioned Fun
Forget the drink of the summer — it's finally time for the drink of the fall, and because September is National Bourbon Heritage Month, an OId Fashioned seems exactly the right choice.
To celebrate, Garrison Brothers Bourbon is mounting its Hye Fashioned Takeover, a month-long festivity of flavor, tradition, and innovation where bars and restaurants across the country showcase their mixology mastery with creative Old Fashioned specials.
But the takeover isn't just about creative cocktails. With every Instagram or Facebook post you share about your #hyefashioned experience, Garrison Brothers will make a donation of $2 to Boot Campaign to support their life-changing programs for veterans and military families.
Even better: Every post counts as an entry for a chance to win one of 10 unique Garrison Brothers prize packages, which includes a custom engraved barrel stave, four Garrison Brothers glencairn glasses, an embroidered Garrison Brothers apron, and a $50 gift card from Boot Campaign to to be used on Shop.BootCampaign.org.
To officially enter:
1. Take a picture of your Hye Fashioned cocktail (heck, take a few!).
2. Tag and follow @garrisonbros and @bootcampaign.
3. Make sure to use the hashtag #hyefashioned to showcase your love for this iconic cocktail and help raise money for Boot Campaign.
Ten winners who post the most during September 1-31 will be selected at the conclusion of the program.
Wondering where to go in Dallas-Forth Worth to get your Hye Fashioneds? Here's where to toast and taste America's favorite cocktail during September:
- Waters Restaurant, Fort Worth
- Silver Fox Steakhouse, Fort Worth
- Bonnell's, Fort Worth
- Kimpton Harper Hotel, Fort Worth
- Toro Toro, Fort Worth
- The Golf Club at Champions Circle, Fort Worth
- Omni Fort Worth Hotel, Fort Worth
- Bob's Steak & Chop House, Fort Worth
- Press Box Grill, Dallas
- Omni Dallas Hotel, Dallas
- Omni Frisco Hotel, Frisco
- Omni PGA Frisco Resort, Frisco
- Bob's Steak & Chop House, Dallas
- Hilton Anatole, Dallas
- Hyatt Regency, Dallas
- Swizzle, Dallas
- Bourbon and Banter, Dallas
- Fachini Ristorante, Dallas
- Urban Seafood Company, Plano
- III Forks, Frisco
- Local Yocal BBQ and Grill, McKinney
- Rick's Chophouse, McKinney
- The Stix Icehouse, McKinney
To learn more and see the official rules, visit: hyefashioned.com.