Rooftop Cinema Club's spring lineup tops this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
This week's hot headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Fort Worth Rooftop Cinema Club returns for spring with new movie lineup and special screenings. After a brief break for winter, Fort Worth's Rooftop Cinema Club, located on top of The Worthington Renaissance Hotel, has released its schedule for the first two months of spring - one that's full of themed programming and special anniversary screenings.
2. New pizzeria in Arlington lobs Chicago-style pizza and Italian roast beef. A new take-out pizzeria is bringing deep dish pizza to a neighborhood in need: Called Chicago Deep Dish Pizza, it's opening at the Green Oaks Plaza in Arlington, at 4407 Little Rd. #610, where it will serve Chicago's favorite style pie as well as a few other Windy City classics.
3. Brazilian steakhouse skewers Dallas-Fort Worth with debut in Grapevine. A new Brazilian steakhouse is coming to Dallas-Fort Worth: Called Chama Gaucha, it's a San Antonio-based churrascaria concept opening its first location in North Texas, at 4025 William D. Tate Ave. in Grapevine. It's opening Saturday, February 25.
4. Target's robot manicurists clock out from 3 Dallas-Fort Worth stores. Attention, Target shoppers: The days of popping into the beauty aisle for a $10 manicure performed by a robot are over. Target and Clockwork, the robots' parent company, confirmed that the service was ending at all stores - including three in Dallas-Fort Worth - February 20.
5. First-of-its-kind Hill Country resort blends acclaimed Texas winery, brewery, and spa. When he’s a beer-loving outdoor enthusiast and she’s a wine-loving spa junkie, agreeing on plans for a quick Hill Country getaway can be tricky. So a new(ish) Hill Country resort with a vacation trifecta - winery, brewery, and spa - beckoned to our writer for a weekend away. Carter Creek Winery, Resort & Spa stands high on a hill overlooking U.S. Hwy. 290, in Johnson City.