This Week's Hot Headlines
New burger joint sizzles in this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Fort Worth restaurant vet to open burger joint in former dive bar space. Gigi Howell, a Fort Worth restaurant veteran, is opening her own burger joint. Called JD's Hamburgers, it'll be located at 9901 Camp Bowie West, a space previously occupied by bars such as Last Call and Randi's Knotty Pine Saloon. It is expected to open in early spring.
2. Dallas-Fort Worth shines as 'hidden gem' housing market in 2022, experts predict. For many reasons, residents of Dallas-Fort Worth consider the region a gem. Now, the metro area has been declared a 2022 “hidden gem” among U.S. housing markets by the National Association of Realtors, which recently identified 10 markets that are expected to see strong appreciation in home prices in 2022.
3. Save the date for these 12 must-attend spring 2022 soirees and galas in Fort Worth. Dust off the ballgowns and stilettos. Galas, parties, and power lunches are back for a real spring social season in Fort Worth. Here are the 12 spring dates every social butterfly in the city should circle now.
4. Pickleball and sourdough top off this tasty Fort Worth restaurant news. This roundup of Fort Worth restaurant news includes openings both present and in the future, with an exciting new bread operation coming to Sundance Square. For indulgence, there's whiskey, wine, and ice cream. For New Year's resolutions, there's new healthy bowls.
5. Chip and Joanna Gaines' Magnolia Network premieres with Fort Worth's favorite show TBA. Y'all ready to see a lot of Fixer Upper? Cruise on over to Chip and Joanna Gaines' new Magnolia Network, which finally premiered on cable TV Wednesday, January 5, taking over the old DIY Network. But it debuted without one very important show with a Fort Worth host.