This Week's Hot Headlines
Taco Diner's closure tops this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Upscale taqueria Taco Diner shutters 2 locations including Fort Worth. An upscale taqueria in Fort Worth's Sundance Square has closed: Taco Diner, which had been open at 156 W 4th St. for six years, closed the location on January 1, with a post on its website and Facebook page, announcing the sad shutter.
2. Macy's department store to close 36 locations, 2 in Dallas-Fort Worth. Department store chain Macy's is executing a wave of store closures in the first quarter of 2021 that include five in Texas, with two in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, in Denton and Lewisville.
3. Texas 'flexcations' and 'boondocking' among top travel trends for 2021. It turns out, travelers around the United States actually like fresh air. They don't mind driving a few hours out of town. And they really, really like Texas. Those were some of the findings revealed by leaders of major travel brands in a December webinar forecasting travel trends for 2021.
4. White Rhino Coffee to open location in Fort Worth's Southside District. A suburban coffee concept has big plans for Dallas-Fort Worth, including opening a location on 8th Avenue in Fort Worth. The concept is White Rhino Coffee, which started its DFW colonization in 2020, unveiling locations in Dallas and Arlington.
5. These are the 6 best things to do in Fort Worth this weekend. The best ways to spend your free time in Fort Worth this weekend include classical music concerts, country music shows, and museum exhibitions in their final days.