This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Former Arlington home of the late Pantera musician Vinnie Paul is drummed into rubble. The saga of the quirky Arlington home once owned by the late Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul has taken an interesting turn. Earlier this year, the home went on the market for $750,000. Just a few days later, a buyer snapped up the home for an undisclosed amount. Now, the home has been razed.
2. Where to eat in Fort Worth right now: 5 new restaurants with tacos, pizza and more. This edition of our monthly Where to Eat column spotlights five newly-opened restaurants in Fort Worth, from an intriguing new Italian restaurant to an old-timer that's been revived, with everything from pizza to tacos in between. Here's where to eat in Fort Worth right now.
3. Check out the openings in this roundup of Fort Worth restaurant news. This roundup of restaurant news includes tidbits about a new seafood place, a new pho spot, and a brewpub in the works. Here's what's happening in Fort Worth restaurant news.
4. These are the 7 best food and drink events in Fort Worth this week. June is here, and with the new month come new food and drink events. A tropical-themed brunch and a Pride Month dinner and show are part of the list. Also new is a cookbook club that comes with tasty dishes and good conversation, a secret cocktail garden pop-up, and the grand opening of a new breakfast and lunch spot.
5. 12 applause-worthy events make it a blockbuster summer for arts in Dallas-Fort Worth. Summer typically is a slower time on the Dallas-Fort Worth arts scene, but nothing has been typical about arts — or anything else — the last couple years. Because of the pandemic, big events were postponed, seasons were reconfigured, and anniversary celebrations were rescheduled. As a result, DFW has a blockbuster summer of performing and visual arts ahead. Here are the can't-miss events.