This Week's Hot Headlines
Celebrity chef's new venture tops this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Fort Worth chef Tim Love debuts trendy new Tex-Mex 'ghost kitchen.' Always on trend, Fort Worth's favorite celebrity chef Tim Love has launched a new "ghost restaurant" concept dedicated to Mexican food. Called Burritos, Fajitas and 'Ritas, it'll be in step with the hot ghost kitchen trend right now in which restaurants are doing takeout and delivery only, with no dining rooms.
2. New farmers market blooms at hip Euless shopping center at peak of season. A new farmers market has sprouted up in the sizzling hot town of Euless. The market will set up on Saturdays at Glade Parks in Euless beginning July 25, and will be an "open air" style, perfect for social distancing during these coronavirus times.
3. The 10 best chefs in Fort Worth make this city a tasty place to live. The Tastemaker Awards is CultureMap's annual event celebrating the best in local food and drink. The category of Chef of the Year honors those who run the kitchen or own their own restaurants. Our panel of judges narrowed down the list to these 10 finalists. The winners will be announced at our Virtual Awards, taking place on July 30.
4. Tex-Mex restaurant and Yelp top favorite unwraps warm tamales for Keller. A small Tex-Mex chain that's adored for its tamales is bringing some much-appreciated positive news to the Fort Worth dining scene: Tommy Tamale Market & Cafe, which currently has two locations in Grapevine and Coppell, will open a third location in the city of Keller.
5. Fort Worth's only food hall undergoes reboot to make it less food hall-ish. Fort Worth's food hall, which first debuted in December 2018, has undergone a major reboot that includes a new name, new eateries, new operators, new management, and a redesign of the space. Once called Food Hall at Crockett Row, it's now named Crockett Hall, and has reopened with 15 food and beverage options, 11 of which are new.