This Week's Hot Headlines
New steakhouse takes prime spot in this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Fort Worth steakhouse pro opens new fine-dining restaurant in Keller. Prime steak is on the menu for Keller with the opening of Keller Chophouse, a new fine-dining spot from veteran restaurateur Zack Moutaouakil. Located at 124 S. Main St., the restaurant has taken over the space occupied by Texas Bleu, which closed in July. Opening night was Friday, August 14.
2. 5 top Texas resorts with wild waterparks for a fun family getaway. While this summer has felt endless for many families, kids will be back in school soon enough (if they're not already). As summer’s heat wave now runs full throttle, a wet-and-wild family getaway may be in order. Whether you're looking ahead to a Labor Day escape or need a few days away now, here are five splashy Texas resorts to check out, all within a day's drive from Fort Worth.
3. Fort Worth apartment rents on the rise amid COVID-19, says new report. Fort Worth rents have followed the national trend during the pandemic, with the one- and two-bedroom rates rising in Q2, says a new Abodo report. One-bedroom units rose $34, from a median price of $1,101 in April to $1,135 in June. Meanwhile, two-bedroom rates increased more dramatically, from $1,224 in April to $1,410 in June.
4. Where to eat in Fort Worth right now returns with 7 new restaurants to try. Thanks to the pandemic, Where to Eat took a coronavirus timeout. But new restaurants have continued to open in Fort Worth, and so we return to our routine of marking those openings with our monthly column. Perhaps with mask on and keeping a distance of six feet from your fellow diners, you're ready to try these spots. If you're not, you can always do takeout, which all seven of these new restaurants offer.
5. New York's most famous chocolate chip cookie now available in Fort Worth. If you're a cookie freak, you already know about the Levain chocolate chip cookie made by Levain Bakery in New York. They have such a following that fans have been known to make field trips to New York to get them. Come September, you can buy them in the Fort Worth area.