This Week's Hot Headlines
Sweet new beignet shop tops this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Fort Worth's favorite beignets find permanent home on buzzy South Main. A popular Fort Worth food truck known for its luscious New Orleans-style beignets is making the jump to a brick-and-mortar location: Dusty Biscuit Beignets will open in The 4 Eleven, a boutique shopping center housed in a 1920s warehouse at 411 South Main St., in the burgeoning South Main area.
2. Fort Worth's most eco-chic salon primps for debut of new Burleson studio. A Fort Worth salon known for its eco-conscious commitment is emerging triumphantly from the pandemic shutdown and opening a second location in Burleson. Novak Hair Studios will debut a new salon at buzzy Standard at Chisenhall development in October.
3. TCU climbs the charts in prestigious new U.S. News & World Report college rankings. A trusted annual report that compares more than 1,400 undergraduate institutions in the United States has given the Horned Frogs a reason to be proud. U.S. News & World Report's new 2021 Best Colleges report has ranked Fort Worth's Texas Christian University No. 80 nationwide. That's up 17 spots from ranking of No. 97 in 2020.
4. Popular Fort Worth-area movie theater temporarily turns off the lights. Just one month after announcing its optimistic reopening plans, Alamo Drafthouse has temporarily closed four of its six Dallas-Fort Worth locations, including North Richland Hills. In a statement, the company said the move was "to better weather the COVID storm and the decreased overall demand due to a lack of major new releases."
5. These are the 6 best things to do in Fort Worth this weekend. While most big events around Fort Worth have either been postponed or canceled, there are a few that have popped up to offer the masses some entertainment while still adhering to the necessary social distancing measures. They include a Fort Worth Symphony concert, Billy Bob's shows, and an intriguing new movie at The Modern.