climbing to the top
TCU business school ranks No. 9 for graduate earnings in new nationwide study
A new study conducted by business advice company Venture Smarter has revealed graduates from Texas Christian University's Neeley School of Business produce the ninth-highest earnings in the nation.
Four years post-graduation, TCU business alumni make an average of $93,488 per year. That salary is a huge jump from the average earnings from just one year post-grad, which amounts to $57,155.
The earnings at one year post-completion are 25 percent above the nationwide business school average, which goes up to 55 percent at the four-year stage.
The study goes on to list prominent alumni from TCU, which includes CEO of BNSF Railway Kathryn Farmer, and billionaire entrepreneur (and TCU Board of Trustees member) John Davis.
"With business school constituting an obvious step for many aspiring entrepreneurs, it’s interesting to have established the schools whose graduates are set to accrue the most wealth," a Venture Smarter spokesperson said in a statement. "The prestige and alumni of these schools speak for themselves, but this top ten is certainly something for young students-to-be to take note of."
Ahead of TCU in the rankings is cross-town rival Southern Methodist University's Cox School of Business, ranking No. 3. SMU business alumni earn an average of $51,068 one year post-completion. After four years, those graduates make $105,314 a year.
Interestingly, TCU and SMU were the only two Texas schools to make the top 10.
The top 10 business schools with the highest-earning graduates after four years are:
- No. 1 – University of Virginia ($112,759)
- No. 2 – Emory University ($107,945)
- No. 3 – Southern Methodist University ($105,314)
- No. 4 – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ($105,246)
- No. 5 – George Washington University ($101,930)
- No. 6 – Stevens Institute of Technology ($100,049)
- No. 7 – Washington and Lee University ($98,403)
- No. 8 – Georgetown University ($94,935)
- No. 9 – Texas Christian University ($93,488)
- No. 10 – Elon University ($92,616)
To determine the average earnings of business graduates from colleges around the country, Venture Smarter researched data from the U.S. Department of Education's College Scorecard tool.