Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Bucolic Fort Worth neighbor named No. 2 retirement spot in Texas. If you’re hunting for a place to retire in Texas, you might want to consider pointing your car about an hour southwest of Fort Worth. A recent study by personal finance website SmartAsset ranks Granbury among the top 10 places in Texas for retirees. The lakeside Hood County community nabs the No. 2 spot on the annual list.
2. Powered by 1883, Fort Worth shoots onto list of top filmmaking cities for first time. Fort Worth officially has been welcomed into the spotlight. For the first time, the city ranks among Best Places to Live and Work as a Moviemaker, an annual list compiled by MovieMaker, a quarterly magazine and website based in Los Angeles. Fort Worth lands at No. 25 in its debut appearance on the list.
3. The best Fort Worth restaurants to celebrate Valentine's Day 2022. This year, Valentine's Day falls on a Monday. That means we have a Valentine's Day Weekend on our hands, since doing a special romantic dinner is a lot easier to execute on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, than it is a Monday. Here are the Fort Worth-area restaurants hosting special events to wine and dine valentines.
4. Worldly new restaurant in Fort Worth's Near Southside has global plans. A new restaurant with a worldly flair is coming to Fort Worth's Magnolia Avenue: Called The Beast and Company, it'll open at 1000 W. Magnolia Ave., IE the former Mamma Mia space, serving an intriguing mix of Southern and global cuisine.
5. Thriving North Texas town boasts 7th hottest neighborhood for U.S. homebuyers. The population of Forney climbed 60 percent from 2010 to 2020, and the growth shows no signs of letting up. A new report from residential real estate platform Opendoor provides further evidence of the continued popularity of the North Texas town. Forney's 75126 ZIP code ranks seventh on Opendoor’s new list of the country’s 10 most popular ZIP codes for homebuyers.