This Week's Hot Headlines
New Crazy German restaurant leads this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. New Crazy German restaurant serves Dallas-Fort Worth the best wursts. There's a very-authentic German restaurant newly opened in North Texas. Called The Crazy German, it opened quietly on February 1 in a little shopping center at 27379 E. University Dr. in Aubrey and comes with the best credentials: The owner was born and raised in Germany.
2. Meet 2 hot stars of Yellowstone and 1883 at the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo. Two stars of TV's hottest shows on the planet, Yellowstone and 1883, made quick appearances at the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo, and the public was invited to meet-and-greet them. Cole Hauser, who plays ranch hand Rip Wheeler in Yellowstone, and Eric Nelsen, who plays cowboy Ennis in 1883, signed autographs for fans on February 1 and 2.
3. Booming Fort Worth neighbor hauls in top spot among growing U.S. cities in 2021. A new study confirms that Dallas-Fort Worth was a powerful magnet for new residents in 2021 — and one neighbor ranks especially high on the list. The recently released U-Haul Growth Index puts Grapevine at No. 15 among the U.S. cities last year with the most inbound moves via U-Haul trucks.
4. Arlington home of Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul rocks $750,000 price tag. If the walls of an Arlington home could talk, they’d be screaming tales about hard-partying musicians. A home once owned by the late heavy metal drummer Vinnie Paul, co-founder of Arlington heavy metal band Pantera, has gone on the market for $750,000.
5. Pinky's uncorks Champagne and jazz in Fort Worth's Near Southside. There's a new lounge coming to Fort Worth's Near Southside that will specialize in three great things: Champagne, booze, and live jazz. Called Pinky's Champagne Room & Velvet Jazz Lounge, it's dubbing itself "a place for cool cats to break it down, imbibe, and enjoy local jazz," and it will open at 615 S. Jennings Ave.