This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Willie Nelson cancels Fort Worth show at Billy Bob's Texas next month. Country music legend Willie Nelson has canceled his March 19 concert at Billy Bob's Texas in Fort Worth as part of a spate of cancellations on his current tour. According to SavingCountryMusic.com, 88-year-old Nelson announced February 14 that he is canceling most concerts at indoor venues for the foreseeable future.
2. Spicy Korean fried chicken chain to open its first location in Fort Worth. An international fried chicken chain is coming to Fort Worth: Bonchon, the brand known for its unique and spicy Korean-style fried chicken, is opening its first Tarrant County location in southwest Fort Worth, off the frontage road of Chisholm Trail Parkway.
3. 5 Fort Worth restaurants earn spot on 2022's best list by Texas Monthly. Once again, Texas Monthly has published its list of the state's best new restaurants. The 21st edition of the list highlights the magazine's favorite dishes from around the state, and five Fort Worth bars and restaurants received recognition for their dishes or drinks.
4. First-ever Reality Fest brings stars and secrets of reality TV to Fort Worth. There's never been a Real Housewives of Fort Worth or a Survivor: Fort Worth, but the city will be the center of the unscripted TV universe during the inaugural Reality Fest this fall. Taking place September 17-18 at Arts Fort Worth, Reality Fest promises two days of events dedicated to all things unscripted.
5. Authentic deep-dish pizza from Chicago is coming to Fort Worth. An authentic Chicago-style pizza name is coming to Fort Worth: Rosati's Pizza, a chain based in Illinois that's been doing Chicago-style pizza since 1964, is opening a location at 5152 Golden Triangle. It's going into a new little center at the intersection of Park Vista Boulevard, and is anticipated to open in mid-2022.