This Week's Hot Headlines
Alamo Drafthouse closure leads this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Fort Worth-area Alamo Drafthouse movie theater turns off the lights for good. Less than three years after its big premiere, the Alamo Drafthouse movie theater in North Richland Hills is closing permanently. According to a release, the theater's owners filed for bankruptcy, along with two other locations — Richardson and Lake Highlands in Dallas. North Richland Hills is the only location closing for good, they say.
2. Fort Worth's Taylor Sheridan reveals surprising fate of Yellowstone prequel 1883. The cast of 1883 will not be coming back to Fort Worth for an encore shoot. Series creator Taylor Sheridan has confirmed that the 10-episode Yellowstone prequel is not getting a second season — or at least he's strongly hinting at it.
3. Colleyville regains movies with opening of new Look Dine-In Cinemas. LOOK Dine-In Cinemas unveiled its newest location in Colleyville when the theater opened to the public on Thursday, March 3. Located at 5655 Colleyville Boulevard, Suite 300, in Town Center Colleyville, Look Cinemas took over a location that used to be home to Studio Movie Grill before being shuttered due to the pandemic.
4. All the news is good in this roundup of Fort Worth restaurant news. This roundup of Fort Worth restaurant news is especially upbeat. It's 100 percent good news, from new openings to new menus, with Lent being a theme. Many restaurants are offering limited-edition vegetarian and/or seafood items to make it easier on those giving up meat for Lent.
5. The Pancake Kitchen by Cracker Barrel delivers pancakes to Dallas-Fort Worth all day. There's a familiar restaurant name now delivering pancakes to your door: Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, the family-dining restaurant chain, has launched a virtual concept called The Pancake Kitchen by Cracker Barrel, and it delivers breakfast all day.