This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Fort Worth billionaire reigns as the richest woman in the world. Fort Worth’s Alice Walton may keep a relatively low profile, but she’s got a high profile when it comes to her stature among the world’s billionaires. A new ranking from China’s Hurun Report puts Walton at No. 1 among the world’s richest women and at No. 12 overall.
2. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 6 best new bars for March. A fresh, exciting batch of bars has just arrived in Fort Worth. These new watering holes range from places to sing and play (as in playground equipment) to hidden lounges that take some work to find. Wine bars are making a comeback, too. Here’s where to sit and sip this month.
3. Studio Movie Grill premieres new prototype theater at Fort Worth complex. There's a new movie theater coming to town: Dallas-based Studio Movie Grill will open a new flagship theater in Fort Worth at the Shops At Chisholm Trail Ranch development.
4. Restaurant known for smoky wood-grilled steaks ignites in Fort Worth. A new steakhouse concept from North Carolina is coming to Texas: Called Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, it'll open a location at Fort Worth's Alliance Town Center, with an estimated date of "late 2020."
5. Cherished Jewel Charity Ball sparkles as Fort Worth's grandest gala. For generations of Fort Worth philanthropists, Jewel Charity Ball has been the most coveted social invitation of the year. For its 66th edition, instead of resting on its shimmery laurels, the gala picked up and moved into Dickies Arena — the first black-tie event held at Fort Worth's newest venue.