This Week's Hot Headlines
Grocery chain's mask rules top this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. H-E-B reverses mask decision for customers throughout Texas after backlash. H-E-B, the largest grocery chain in Texas, reversed course and now requires — rather than recommends — that customers wear masks inside its stores. H-E-B issued a statement March 5 saying customers, employees, and vendors would still have to put on masks even after the statewide mask mandate ended on March 10. Previously, it had said only employees and vendors would be required to do so, not shoppers.
2. Top things to do for an action-packed spring break staycation in Dallas-Fort Worth. If your usual spring break trip to the beach or ski slopes has been put on hold this year, don't worry. There's so much to do around Dallas-Fort Worth this month, you'll have no trouble planning a fun, action-packed staycation in your own backyard. Here are some top picks for spring break happenings. And you'll find many more listings in our searchable events calendar, here.
3. 5 Texas road trips for a fun and easy spring getaway from Fort Worth. We’re big fans of the small-town road trip and even more so in these days of crowd avoidance. From charming Hill Country getaways to secluded seaside vacations, here are some great bets for an easy road trip away from Fort Worth this spring, whether you want to drive a few hours or take most of the day to meander along the open Texas roads. You might even see bluebonnets.
4. Wings are just the starter at new family-friendly Fort Worth restaurant. Fort Worth has a new restaurant specializing in one of the hottest cuisines: chicken wings. Called Wings Over Fort Worth, it opened on March 5 at 520 Alta Mere Dr., in a former Del Taco, where it's serving wings, yes, but also burgers, salads, and fried seafood.
5. Where to eat in Fort Worth right now: 5 new restaurants for March. The pandemic, a brutal snowstorm, and a dicey economy have been no match for local restaurateurs, who continue to unveil debuts despite these seemingly unbeatable challenges. This edition of CultureMap's monthly Where to Eat feature spotlights five newcomers, all recently opened in and around the Fort Worth area.