This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Fort Worth heiress' legendary 6666 Ranch seen on Yellowstone is sold. The long-rumored sale of the 6666 Ranch — previously owned by Fort Worth rancher and philanthropist Anne Marion — is now confirmed. The sale price wasn’t disclosed, and neither was the buyer, although reports had surfaced that Taylor Sheridan, co-creator of the hit TV show Yellowstone and its 1883 spinoff, led a group of investors that bought the ranch. Yellowstone has featured the ranch several times, and Sheridan reportedly is working on another spinoff with the working title 6666.
2. 2 Dallas-Fort Worth companies clock in as the top employers in Texas, says Forbes. Dallas-Fort Worth reigns as the capital of Texas when it comes to the best big and small employers, according to Forbes magazine. New rankings from Forbes put University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas at No. 9 among the country’s best large employers in the country and Dallas-based life insurance platform Bestow at No. 16 among the country’s best startup employers.
3. Master list of all the St. Patrick's Day events happening around Fort Worth. This year, the actual St. Patrick's Day fell on a Thursday, but for some restaurants and bars, the party has been happening all week long. Here's what's going on in the Fort Worth area for St. Patrick's Day Week, including some big events on Saturday, March 19.
4. All that glittered was glorious at Jewel Charity Ball 2022 in Fort Worth. After sadly sitting out last year, Fort Worth's most glamorous gala and storied fundraiser, Jewel Charity Ball, returned in glittering fashion — and a full house was ready to party. About 1,500 guests — dressed in their finest ballgowns and tuxedos — sipped, supped, shopped, mingled, and danced the night away at Will Rogers Memorial Center's Amon G. Carter Exhibit Hall on Saturday, March 5.
5. Duran Duran rocks Fort Worth's Dickies Arena as only Texas tour stop. Duran Duran is embarking on a North American headlining tour, one that will include a stop at Dickies Arena on August 30. It's the only Texas date on the tour. Currently only scheduled for 14 concerts in 11 cities, the tour will celebrate the band’s four-decade career and provide support for their 15th studio album, 2021's Future Past. They'll be joined by special guests Nile Rodgers & CHIC.