The latest event cancellations in Dallas-Fort Worth due to coronavirus concerns
May 1, 2020 | 3:30 pm
Photo courtesy of Kenny G
As concerns regarding the spread of the coronavirus and government restrictions on group gatherings continue, more event cancellations and postponements are being announced every day in Dallas-Fort Worth. In an effort to keep you as up-to-date as possible, we'll compile a list of different announcements every week.
Note: Given the pace at which things are happening during these times, cancellations are coming at a rapid clip. To be sure you're up to speed, you may want to check with the presenting organization or venue regarding the status of any particular event.
- Charles Schwab Challenge: As of now, the annual PGA tour stop at Colonial Country Club, originally May 21-24, will be the restart of the tour's season on June 11-14, although it's not clear if spectators will be allowed or not.
- Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra: The symphony has canceled its final two May performances at Bass Performance Hall, including Enigma Variations and Brahms 2 on May 21, and Kenny G, May 22-24.
- Improv Arlington: The comedy club has canceled all shows through May, including an appearance by Craig Robinson (May 16-17). Rescheduled shows include Shawn Wayans (now July 24-25) and Jay Pharoah (October 1-3).
- Theatre Arlington presents Damn Yankees: This production, which had previously been rescheduled to May 15-June 7, has been tentatively rescheduled for August 7-30.
- An Evening with Josh Ritter: A Book of Gold Thrown Open: This concert, scheduled for May 20 at The Kessler, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- Dallas Black Dance Theatre presents Spring Celebration: This performance, scheduled for May 15-17 at Wyly Theatre, has been canceled.
- Dallas Summer Musicals presents Disney's Frozen: The highly-anticipated stop by the national tour of the Disney musical, scheduled for June 17-July 12 at the Music Hall at Fair Park, has been canceled. DSM is attempting to bring back the musical at some point "within the next few seasons."
- David Crosby & the Sky Trails Band: This concert, scheduled for May 26 at Granada Theater, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- DreamHack Dallas: The e-sports event, originally scheduled for May and then postponed to August, has been postponed until an undetermined date in 2021.
- Eagles: The return visit of the classic rock group, which had postponed its concert on March 17 at American Airlines Center to October 21, has rescheduled it again to September 21, 2021.
- Explosions in the Sky: This concert, scheduled for May 29 at The Bomb Factory, has been canceled.
- Foals and Local Natives: This concert, scheduled for May 29 at South Side Ballroom, has been canceled.
- Heroes for Children presents Heroes & Handbags: The fundraising luncheon featuring an appearance by author Mitch Albom, originally April 24 at The Ritz-Carlton, has been rescheduled for September 25.
- Jhené Aiko: This concert, scheduled for May 22 at The Bomb Factory, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- The Lumineers: The folk rock band was one of the last holdouts, but they have finally canceled all of their May and June concerts, including the May 16 date at Dos Equis Pavilion.
- Nasher Sculpture Center presents Soundings: Sylvia Milo - The Other Mozart: This music event, scheduled for May 1, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- Scooby-Doo! and The Lost City of Gold: This one-off theatrical production, scheduled for June 4 at Majestic Theatre, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- Tame Impala: This concert, scheduled for July 24 at American Airlines Center, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- Improv Addison: The comedy club has canceled all shows through May, including appearances by Margaret Cho (May 15-17) and Gary Owen (May 21-24). Rescheduled shows include Natasha Leggero & Moshe Kasher (now October 1-3), Bobby Lee (October 16-18), Bassem Youssef (November 27-29), and Eddie Griffin (January 8-9, 2021).
- Volunteers of America Classic: As part of a shifting of the entire LPGA season, the golf tournament at Golf Clubs at The Tribute has changed from its original dates of September 28-October 4 to November 30-December 6.
- The Firehouse Theatre: The theater company's production of Rock of Ages, scheduled for May 7-24, has been rescheduled for October 1-18. Consequently, they have canceled October’s production of Urinetown.