Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Massive new LEGO sculptures bloom at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden. Now in bloom at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden: hydrangeas, hollyhocks, and huge sculptures made entirely out of LEGOS. For the first time, the city's premier garden is hosting the exhibit "Sean Kenney’s Nature Connects Made with LEGO Bricks," which debuted May 6 and will run through August 1.
2. New chef-driven restaurant and all-suite hotel debut in Fort Worth's Waterside complex. Two exciting new doors opened at Fort Worth's Waterside development on Tuesday, May 4 — a long-awaited restaurant from a popular local chef, and an all-suite hotel close to the Trinity Trails. First up was The Rim, the second location of Chef Keith Hicks' popular Burleson restaurant. Also opening was the all-suite Residence Inn Fort Worth Southwest by Marriott.
3. Fort Worth gets its pickleball on at new Courtside Kitchen restaurant. A new restaurant is coming to Fort Worth with what seems to be a new must-have accessory: pickleball. Called Courtside Kitchen, it'll be a massive indoor-outdoor space at 1615 Rogers Rd., near University Drive and I-30, and will be Fort Worth's first dedicated pickleball facility. It'll open in summer 2021.
4. Wicked opens in North Texas as first Broadway tour in U.S. after pandemic. Broadway has announced it is officially reopening in September 2021, but Dallas-Fort Worth audiences will get their musical fix even sooner. When Wicked opens at the Music Hall at Fair Park on August 3, 2021, it will not only signal the return of Dallas Summer Musicals but also be the first touring Broadway show in the country to open.
5. Best ways to celebrate and spoil Mom on Mother's Day in Dallas-Fort Worth. Mother's Day is fast approaching, and after more than a year apart, many moms and grandmothers say the best gift they could receive is time together with their families. We've rounded up some fun "mom dates" to spoil Mom around town on her special day, but give her what she wants most — time with you.