The latest event cancellations in Dallas-Fort Worth due to coronavirus concerns
As concerns regarding the spread of the coronavirus and government restrictions on group gatherings continue, more event cancellations and postponements are being announced every day in Dallas-Fort Worth. In an effort to keep you as up-to-date as possible, we'll compile a list of different announcements every week.
Note: Given the pace at which things are happening during these times, cancellations are coming at a rapid clip. To be sure you're up to speed, you may want to check with the presenting organization or venue regarding the status of any particular event.
- American Heart Association presents Fort Worth Heart Ball: The annual fundraiser for the local chapter of the AHA has been postponed to an undetermined date in spring 2021.
- Billy Bob's Texas: The concert venue has postponed Working Dogs of Tejas (was May 24, new date TBD), Jon Pardi (was June 12 and 13, now December 10 and 11), and Ted Nugent (was July 31, now July 30, 2021).
- Casa Mañana Theatre presents The Full Monty: The theater company has canceled this production, scheduled for May 30-June 7.
- Charles Schwab Challenge: The annual PGA Tour stop at Colonial Country Club is scheduled to be the restart of the season, June 11-14, but will be played without spectators.
- The Cher Show: The national tour of the Broadway musical, which was to have begun in November, has been postponed. That includes the dates at Bass Performance Hall, July 27-August 1, 2021.
- The Dude Perfect 2020 Tour: The tour by the Frisco-based trick shot masters, scheduled for June 14 at Dickies Arena, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- Fort Worth Juneteenth Community 5K & Festival: This community event, scheduled for June 13 at Panther Island Pavilion, has been canceled.
- Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra presents Concerts in the Garden: The symphony has canceled the entire 2020 series of outdoor concerts at Fort Worth Botanic Garden, scheduled for June 5-July 2.
- National Theatre Live presents Present Laughter: This screening of the British theater production, scheduled for June 10 and 13 at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, has been postponed to undetermined dates.
- Texas Indy 600 NTT Indycar Series Race: This race on June 6 at Texas Motor Speedway will be the first event of the 2020 Indycar season, but it will be run without spectators in attendance.
- Tour de Cure: North Texas: This fundraising event for the American Diabetes Association, scheduled for June 20 at Panther Island Pavilion, will now be a virtual event only on October 24.
- Whatever Floats Your Boat Regatta: This cardboard boat race at Panther Island Pavilion, scheduled for June 12, has been rescheduled for September 11.
- Texas Live presents TX Strassenfest Spring Beer Festival: This beer event at Texas Live, scheduled for June 20, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- Blippi the Musical: This children's theater production, scheduled for June 13 at The Theatre at Grand Prairie, has been rescheduled to April 10, 2021.
- Brit Floyd: “The World’s Greatest Pink Floyd Show” has postponed their 2020 tour to 2021. The Dallas concert, scheduled for June 16 at The Theatre at Grand Prairie, has been rescheduled for June 12, 2021.
- The Millenium Tour with Omarion, Bow Wow, Ashanti, and more: The hip hop/R&B festival-style concert, scheduled for July 17 at The Theatre at Grand Prairie, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- Prairie Bash: This festival-style concert with Lorrie Morgan, Diamond Rio, and Mark Chesnutt, scheduled for June 27 at The Theatre at Grand Prairie, has been canceled.
- The Avett Brothers: The folk rock band has canceled all dates through June, including the June 20 date at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory.
- Cristian Castro: This concert, scheduled for June 28 at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- The Hollies: The British pop group has canceled their entire 2020 U.S. tour, including the July 15 date at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory.
- The Masked Singer National Tour: The tour of the reality series, scheduled for July 10 at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory, has been rescheduled for July 15, 2021.
- Above & Beyond: The concerts by the electronic dance music group, scheduled for June 9 and 10 at Winspear Opera House, have been canceled.
- Alanis Morissette: Morissette has postponed her tour celebrating the 25th anniversary of Jagged Little Pill to undetermined dates in 2021, including the concert scheduled on June 14 at Dos Equis Pavilion.
- AWOLNATION: The rock band has canceled the remaining dates on their 2020 tour, including their concert at South Side Ballroom on June 14.
- Camp Nowhere: This music festival, headlined by Rezz and scheduled for June 20 at Dos Equis Pavilion, has been canceled.
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden presents Cool Thursdays Concert Series: After postponing many of the spring concerts to the summer, the Arboretum has decided to cancel all summer dates. The fall series, which includes some of the bands postponed from the spring, is still scheduled to start on September 1.
- Dallas Children's Theater: The theater company has canceled in-person performances of its production of Miss Nelson Has a Field Day, scheduled for June 20-28. A virtual version will be released sometime in June.
- Dallas Observer Iron Fork: The foodie event, scheduled for June 10 at Centennial Hall, has been rescheduled for August 12.
- Dallas Summer Musicals:The national tour of The Cher Show has been postponed, including the dates at the Music Hall at Fair Park, July 6-18, 2021. Consequently, the previously postponed Jesus Christ Superstar, which had been scheduled for April 28-May 10, has replaced The Cher Show in the July 2021 dates.
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra: The symphony has canceled all concerts through May 30, including the children's concert Presto Mambo on May 30.
- Dallas Theater Center: The theater company has fully canceled its production of Pipeline, which had previously been suspended from its dates of April 3-May 10.
- Dropkick Murphys and Rancid: This concert, which had previously been postponed from May 13 to a TBD date at The Bomb Factory, has now been fully canceled.
- An Evening of Conversation with Julie Andrews: This event, scheduled for June 26 at Winspear Opera House, has been rescheduled for April 23, 2021.
- Kyle Kinane: The Spring Break Tour: The comedian's date at Texas Theatre, scheduled for June 2, has been rescheduled for November 5.
- Jimmy Buffett: The legendary pop singer has canceled his tour through June, which includes the June 21 date at Dos Equis Pavilion. The concert will not be rescheduled.
- Shawn Colvin: Steady On 30th Anniversary Tour: This concert, scheduled for August 28 at The Kessler, has been postponed to January 31, 2021.
- Simple Plan and New Found Glory: This concert, scheduled for June 27 at South Side Ballroom, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- Sturgill Simpson: The country singer, who had rescheduled his March 27 concert at American Airlines Center to May 30, and then postponed his entire tour, has now canceled the tour entirely.
- Teatro Dallas: The theater company has canceled its production of Tlali: When We Were Earth, scheduled for June 20 at Latino Cultural Center.
- The Classics Theatre Project: The theater company has postponed The Hairy Ape, scheduled for May 20-June 6 at Margo Jones Theatre at Magnolia Lounge, to undetermined dates.
- Undermain Theatre: The theater company has postponed the entire Whither Goest Thou America Festival, originally April 19-May 6 and then rescheduled to June 11-28. The offerings from the 2020 festival, including the workshop of David Rabe's He's Born, He's Borne, will be rescheduled for March 4-28, 2021.
- Uptown Players: The theater company has postponed Six Degrees of Separation, scheduled May 29-June 7, to undetermined dates.
- Steve Miller Band: The classic rock band has canceled its entire 2020 tour, including its June 15 date at Allen Event Center.
- Frisco Uncorked: The second annual foodie event, scheduled for May 30 at Frisco Square, has been postponed to an undetermined date in spring 2021.