Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. 2 Fort Worth-area drive-ins among lucky few to host Garth Brooks concert. Country superstar Garth Brooks is going on the road again without ever having to leave home. On Saturday, June 27, he will broadcast a special concert to drive-in movie theaters around the United States and Canada, including Coyote Drive-In in Fort Worth and Brazos Drive-In in Granbury.
2. New restaurant in Keller puts good food on the horizon for Fort Worth. A promising restaurant opened in Keller this week: Called Horizon 76, it's a casual but upscale American grill with steaks, burgers, sandwiches, cocktails, and craft beer. It opened June 18 at 1821 S. Main St., in a space that was once a TGIFridays.
3. Big Boyz BBQ restaurant opens in Fort Worth with unexpected signature. A barbecue restaurant is opening on Fort Worth's east side with all your favorite smoked meats, but also something you don't usually find at a BBQ joint: smoked chicken salad. It's called Big Boyz Pit Smoked BBQ and More, and it will open June 20 in the space at 6513 Brentwood Stair Rd. once occupied by Wilson's BBQ.
4. Cool retro bowling alley concept pins Fort Worth for new location. In boffo news for bowling fans, there's a new venue coming to Fort Worth. Called Bowlounge, it's a concept that debuted in Dallas and will open its second location in Fort Worth's Southside in fall 2020.
5. Crunchy cheesy birria tacos are the hot foodie trend in Dallas-Fort Worth. One day, no one in Dallas-Fort Worth had ever heard of birria tacos. The next day, everyone in town is doing them. Crispy, cheesy, and meaty, this special taco twist has become the flavor of the moment at a host of eateries across DFW.