This Week's Hot Headlines
New hot chicken spot rules the roost in this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Trendy new Nashville hot chicken restaurant rules the roost in Fort Worth. Nashville-style fried chicken is hot in more ways than one, and Fort Worth has a new place to get it: Rule The Roost is a newly opened restaurant in Westworth Village, serving this ultra-trendy, spicy-hot fried chicken. A representative confirms that they opened on August 20.
2. Fan favorite Fiddler on the Roof breaks with tradition for Bass Hall. Fiddler on the Roof, the story of a poor milkman named Tevye raising five daughters in 1905 pre-revolutionary Russia, has been an audience favorite since it debuted on Broadway in 1964. Now, the trials of Tevye are being told once again for Fort Worth fans at Bass Performance Hall, August 20-25.
3. TCU snaps picture-perfect honor as most Instagrammed college in Texas. Here's some news that gets all the hearts in Fort Worth: Texas Christian University is the most Instagrammed college campus in Texas. That's according to AT&T, which released findings of a new survey just in time for back-to-school selfies.
4. Broadway royalty shares the spotlight with students in special Mansfield concert. Like a storyline from Glee, Mansfield musical theater students will live out Broadway dreams when they perform alongside award-winning actress and singer Kristin Chenoweth in a special benefit concert November 2.
5. These are the 7 best things to do in Fort Worth this weekend. This weekend in Fort Worth sees a variety of fun activities from a broad range of topics. Two concerts will take place. There will also be a visit from a legendary Broadway musical, films new and old, a screening of theater from across the pond, and one of your final chances to spend some quality time in the sun.