Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Sweet new Dasher Pie Co. shop opens in Arlington's favorite Christmas store. A longtime decor store in Arlington that specializes in Christmas items is adding a festive new perk: an in-house pie shop. Called Dasher Pie Co., it's opening inside Decorator's Warehouse, a store at 3708 W. Pioneer Pkwy. that's been selling Christmas decor and lighting in Arlington for 30 years.
2. These are the 8 best things to do in Fort Worth this Labor Day weekend. As we make our way from August to September and the temperatures start to get (a little) cooler, you'll have the choice of spending time inside or outside this weekend around Fort Worth. Here are the best ways to spend your free time over this long holiday weekend.
3. Famed Toro Toro Latin steakhouse tangos into downtown Fort Worth hotel. A new kind of steakhouse is coming to Fort Worth — one with major credentials: Toro Toro Pan Latin Steakhouse and Lounge will make its Texas debut at The Worthington Renaissance in downtown Fort Worth in November.
4. Fort Worth's chicken craze finds solace at new tenders restaurant. The latest hot chicken experience has arrived: The Cookshack, a new fast-casual restaurant at 500 University Dr., has opened with chicken tenders, chicken and waffles, and the currently sizzling chicken sandwich.
5. New Fort Worth museum exhibition takes visitors inside the life of its namesake. The Sid Richardson Museum is getting personal for its next exhibition. "A Fortune in Oils: Sid Richardson’s Personal Collection" will display the museum namesake's own collection of Western masterworks together with letters, objects, photographs, and articles published during his lifetime.