This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Renowned maestro Robert Spano picks up baton as new Fort Worth Symphony music director. With new maestro Robert Spano, the Fort Worth Symphony begins a new era — a new music director with new vision that includes new musicians, new-to-Fort Worth composers and guest artists, and even the launch of a new series. We chatted with Spano about his move to Fort Worth and aspirations for FWSO ahead of his debut on September 9.
2. Booming Texas region could rival Dallas-Fort Worth as ‘next great U.S. metroplex,’ mayor says. Look out, Dallas-Fort Worth. Austin Mayor Steve Adler wants Austin-San Antonio to become the “next great U.S. metroplex.” Experts believe they're already well on their way toward that status.
3. One Fort Worth spot makes Bon Appetit list of best new restaurants. Texas restaurants are well-represented on Bon Appetit’s list of America’s 50 Best New Restaurants for 2022. Seven Lone Star State establishments earn the magazine's approval. Among them is La Onda, chef Victor Villarreal’s Latin-inspired seafood restaurant in Fort Worth that includes dry-aged fish among its offerings.
4. 9 Dallas-Fort Worth companies among best large employers in Texas, says Forbes. Several local workplaces are working overtime toward success, and it's paying off. A new list from Forbes and Statista ranks nine Dallas-Fort Worth companies among the state’s best major employers, both those based in Texas and those with a significant presence here.
5. These are the 17 hottest concerts rocking Dallas-Fort Worth in September. If you thought there were a lot of concerts to choose from in summer, just wait until you see what's in store for the last four months of the year. Here are some of the most-anticipated concerts taking place in September.