Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. New drive-thru 'holiday light spectacular' to debut in 3 North Texas cities. A new holiday lights event is on its way to brighten up 2020 for North Texas. "Radiance! A Holiday Light Spectacular" flicks on in Weatherford, Decatur, and Frisco on November 11 and runs through January 3. The drive-thru lights experience will be more than a mile long and take 20 to 30 minutes to complete.
2. Major home goods retailer throws in the towel on 2 Fort Worth-area stores. Now might be a good time to score a deal on bedspreads and bath towels. Going-out-of-business sales are under way at two Bed Bath & Beyond stores in the Fort Worth area: at 853 NE Mall Blvd. in Hurst and 7616 Denton Hwy. in Watauga. They are among 63 locations across the country set to shut down by the end of 2020.
3. New Near Southside restaurant-bar to showcase one of Fort Worth's top patios. A new Southern-style restaurant and craft cocktail bar is opening in a high-profile Near Southside space with one of the best patios in town. Called Maggie's R&R, it's named after the historic street on which it is located, at 1264 W. Magnolia Ave., in the indoor/outdoor space previously occupied by Southside Rambler and La Zona.
4. Furniture giant Living Spaces turns on the lights at first Fort Worth store. Residents of the Keller-Alliance area have been watching construction for months, and now the time has come for Living Spaces to open its new showroom in far north Fort Worth. The furniture giant will open at 8640 Tehama Ridge Pkwy. on Wednesday, October 28, according to a release.
5. New hatchet-throwing venue puts trendy Fort Worth neighborhood in the bullseye. A popular entertainment venue is giving Fort Worth just what it needs right now: a new place to hurl hatchets through the air with abandon. After months of delays, Stumpy’s Hatchet House of Fort Worth opened Friday, October 23, at 824 W. Daggett Ave., near all the hot restaurants and bars in the city's trendy Near Southside neighborhood.