Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Want a list of best things to do this Halloween weekend? Find that here, and a special list of top haunted houses here.
1. No. 1 rooftop restaurant in the world headed to WestBend Fort Worth. A global award-winning restaurant is coming to Fort Worth's WestBend in early 2022: It's the first U.S. location of Quince, a restaurant founded in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, which has been proclaimed the "No. 1 Rooftop Restaurant in the World."
2. Fort Worth grabs life by the horns as No. 5 city to live after college. Before graduation rolls around, college students often find themselves wondering where to start their after-school journeys. To help with this homework, real estate website Point2 has developed a list of the best places for life after college, and Fort Worth ropes the No. 5 ranking.
3. Sweet new hotel lounge leads this list of Fort Worth restaurant news. In this roundup of Fort Worth restaurant news, there's a new hotel lounge, a new taqueria with trendy tacos, and two big chef appointments. There's also bowls, pasta, brandy, and beer. Plus an eye-catching new PETA billboard. Here's what's happening in Fort Worth dining.
4. Miranda Lambert joins cowgirl queens in Fort Worth's National Cowgirl Hall of Fame. In her new, chart-climbing song "If I Was a Cowboy," Miranda Lambert declares, "If I was a cowboy, I would be queen." It's the cowgirls who are queen in Fort Worth, and Lambert just joined their royal court. The country music superstar was one of five trailblazers inducted into the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame at the 45th Induction Luncheon and Ceremony on October 26 at Dickies Arena.
5. These 10 haunted spots are the spookiest in Dallas-Fort Worth. The Lone Star State is known for stranger-than-fiction history and larger-than-life characters, so it seems fitting that Texas is also home to an abundance of haunted locales. North Texas has more than its share, and we've compiled the spookiest for those times when you're gathering around the campfire to tell ghostly tales. Here are 10 spots to put on your haunted Halloween to-do list.