This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Precious bling belonging to Fort Worth royalty goes up for auction. Legendary Fort Worth philanthropist Nenetta Burton Carter (1895-1983), wife of city benefactor Amon G. Carter, enjoyed a long and close friendship with famed jeweler Harry Winston, and now two of her prized pieces are going up for auction.
2. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 5 best bars to warm up with fall cocktails. With cooler weather comes cravings for something to warm up our insides, be it spicy, smoky, or just plain strong. These bars offer libations that’ll shake off the chill, from smooth bourbon concoctions to piquant cocktails that will tantalize the tongue.
3. These are the 13 best things to do in Fort Worth this weekend. This weekend, seven holiday-related events — which include two Nutcrackers, ice skating, three theater productions, and a parade — will play second fiddle to the return of a country music legend to the city for a pair of highly anticipated concerts.
4. Fireworks light up the sky at Fort Worth couple's dazzling vineyard wedding. Sarah Sidawi and Matt Haney’s marriage on October 19, 2018 started with fireworks — literally. The couple treated guests to a surprise fireworks show mid-reception at the expansive Dove Ridge Vineyard in Weatherford.
5. Fort Worth film buffs make a splash with swanky red-carpet bash. The annual Lone Star Film Festival has not only become a Big Deal in the cinema world, but it's given Fort Worth a reason to throw a glamorous gala every fall. This year's fête, held November 14 at the Worthington Renaissance Hotel downtown, was no exception.