This week's hot headlines
Best neighborhood Christmas lights shine in this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Best neighborhoods and homes for Christmas lights around Fort Worth in 2022. Loading the family into the car and driving around, looking at Christmas lights, is a cherished holiday tradition. But, where to go? Here is a list of top local homes and neighborhoods for Christmas lights this season. For a larger list of spectacular Christmas lights around Fort Worth, including drive-thrus and commercial displays, click here.
2. Cinemark opens select theaters for college football playoffs including TCU bowl game. The Cinemark movie theater chain is bringing back a special viewing experience that involves not movies but sports: The Plano-based company is teaming with ESPN to bring college football games to the big screen. This postseason, fans can catch three of the biggest games, and that includes TCU's bowl game on New Year's Eve, as well as the College Football Playoff National Championship in January.
3. ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd team up for first time with tour coming to Fort Worth. It will be a classic rock bonanza when ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd come to Fort Worth as part of their first co-headlining tour, "The Sharp Dressed Simple Man Tour," which will stop at Dickies Arena on July 29, 2023. Fort Worth will be the fourth of 22 stops around North America for the tour in summer 2023.
4. Texas hot spot hooks No. 1 ranking as best college city in America. It might be a bit reductive to call Austin a college town, but that's what makes it so good. It certainly benefits from the creativity and industry of college living, but there's a lot more to do than go to gentrified lunches and cool, underground shows. Recognizing this special balance, financial website WalletHub has declared Austin the No. 1 college city in the United States for 2023, beating out some obvious contenders like Pittsburgh and Columbus, Ohio.
5. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 7 festive bars for holiday cocktails. Tis the season for holiday cheer – which often comes in the form of a great cocktail. And the more merriment, the better, it seems, as more bars are getting serious with their seasonal offerings. There’s no such thing as “over-the-top” for these Fort Worth bars - some brand new, some old favorites - all worth a stop this month for making spirits bright.