This week's hot headlines
New East Coast-inspired restaurant tops this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here. Looking for the best Christmas lights this weekend? Find those lists here and here.
1. East Coast-style restaurant from Dallas opens first outpost in Fort Worth. A prolific Dallas-based restaurant group is opening a new restaurant in Fort Worth: Called Hudson House, it's an East Coast-inspired concept opening at 4600 Dexter Ave. in Arlington Heights, at the corner of Hulen Street and Camp Bowie Boulevard, near River Crest Country Club.
2. Where to eat in Fort Worth right now: 9 best restaurants for out-of-town guests. It's December and the holidays, and for many of us, that means family's coming to town. You can’t be expected to cook for them every day, and besides, why not show them some of Fort Worth's finest eateries? This list offers suggestions to fit every category for you and the fam, from best Tex-Mex to best splurge to best place to feast and not break the bank.
3. Best Fort Worth restaurants open for festive feasts on Christmas 2023. Fortunately for those who prefer to let someone else do the cooking, more Fort Worth restaurants are open on both Christmas Day and Christmas Eve this year. This list focuses on the “who, when, and what” of the bigger food-centric day - Christmas Day: who’ll be open, when are they open, and what will they serve. There are also a few Christmas Eve specials and some great to-go options.
4. Texas Roadhouse steakhouse brings steak and yeasty rolls to Lake Worth. A steakhouse has opened in Lake Worth: Texas Roadhouse, a Kentucky-based chain known for affordable prices and house-made rolls, has opened at 6672 NW Loop 820, in a new center next to the AMC Theater in northwest Fort Worth.
5. Sophisticated Le Meridien hotel to debut in downtown Fort Worth in spring '24. Fort Worth has lately been blessed with many new hotels, and there's a new one about to debut: Le Méridien Fort Worth Downtown, a 14-story boutique hotel set to open downtown at 811 Commerce St. in spring 2024.