This week's hot headlines
Fort Worth's actions against nuisance hotel lead this week's 5 most-read stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that listhere.
1. Fort Worth takes legal steps to close down nuisance hotel off I-35. Fort Worth officials are taking steps to get a problematic hotel to clean up its act: According to a release, the city filed a lawsuit against the owners of Days Inn, 4213 South Fwy., in an effort to abate the crime occurring on the property.
2. Veterans Day 2023 deals in Fort Worth honoring military service members. Here are all of the Veterans Day deals Dallas-Fort Worth restaurants, bars, and other vendors are offering to honor military service members on November 11, 2023.
3. Fort Worth is getting a fancy new Kroger Marketplace store off Hwy 287. Fort Worth's getting a new Kroger: The Kroger Co. broke ground on a new, state-of-the-art Kroger Marketplace format store at 113 E. Bonds Ranch Rd., along the northbound side of Highway 287.
4. Famed Louisiana restaurant with spicy seafood makes TX debut in Arlington. A Louisiana-based concept known for spicy boiled crawfish and fresh seafood is coming to Dallas-Fort Worth: Called Big EZ Seafood and Oyster Bar, it's opening in Arlington.
5. Cool new Fort Worth BBQ spot will combine Texas and Pakistani flavors. Fort Worth's barbecue scene is about to see an exciting expansion in more ways than one with the arrival of Sabar Barbecue, a food truck that's opening at 194 Bryan Ave., at the corner of Main and Vickery.