This week's hot headlines
Tulips FTW's spinoff bar tops this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that listhere.
1. Fort Worth's Tulips FTW to open spinoff bar styled after CBGB's NY. An award-winning bar in Fort Worth's Near Southside is spawning a spinoff: Tulips FTW, the live-music venue at 112 St. Louis Ave., will soon have a sibling cleverly named Low Doubt Bar, which will open next door, at 120 St. Louis Ave. #108, at the corner of Vickery Boulevard.
2. Sweet dessert shop in Arlington is all about cobblers and pudding. There's a dessert shop in Arlington with a decadent and delicious focus: Called The Peach Cobbler Factory, it specializes in homey desserts, particularly cobbler and banana pudding.
3. Best Dallas-Fort Worth bars and restaurants to watch the Rangers in the World Series. Area bars and restaurants have scrambled to plan World Series watch parties, many with cheaper-than-dirt deals on food and drinks to draw crowds. While every sports bar in town will likely have the games on, here are some of the best places offering watch parties and game-time food and drink specials.
4. Italian seafood restaurant Acquario nets fine kettle of fish for Keller. A new fine-dining seafood restaurant with an Italian twist has debuted in Keller: Called Acquario Italian Seafood, it opened on October 20 at 8849 Davis Blvd. #100, with a menu of seafood, house-made pasta, and steak.
5. These are the 13 best food and drink events in Fort Worth this week. 'Tis the season for spooky fun, as evidenced by the number of Halloween-themed food and drink events this week. There's still time to catch some delicious events this weekend.