This week's hot headlines
Top TCU watch parties score in this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. 12 best Fort Worth bars to watch TCU Football in the National Championship. The biggest football game in Horned Frog history is happening Monday, January 9 as TCU takes on No. 1 Georgia in the College Football Playoff National Championship (6:30 pm local time). There’ll be watch parties all over town as Fort Worth unites to cheer on the home team. Here are 12 of the best bars to do so. And if you're heading west to SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles for the “Natty,” here's a guide to parties, parking, and more.
2. Famous Watauga gas station restaurant (and Guy Fieri favorite) will close. A restaurant made famous by Food Network's Guy Fieri is closing: Chef Point Bar & Restaurant, the restaurant-in-a-gas-station in Watauga, will close at the end of January after 20 years. The restaurant will close its location at 5901 Watauga Rd. on Sunday, January 29.
3. These are the 10 hottest stories that had Fort Worth talking in 2022. What was Fort Worth reading in 2022? We are so glad you asked. Readers craved news about a new, state-of-the-art McDonald's; Christmas light attractions; and visits from Yellowstone royalty and real British royalty. Here was our look back at the 10 most-read CultureMap stories from the previous year.
4. Travel + Leisure heralds Fort Worth among world's 11 best places to visit this January. A national magazine is proclaiming what Fort Worth residents already know - that the city is a pretty great place to be this month. A new report by Travel + Leisurehas named Fort Worth one of the 11 best places to travel in the United States and around the world in January 2023. But the story has one big omission.
5. Yellowstone stars blaze into our 10 hottest Fort Worth society stories of 2022. As we looked back at the most popular society stories of 2022, a clear theme emerged: Yellowstone. Red-carpet and black-tie events featuring stars from Taylor Sheridan's hit show landed on the list three times. Fort Worth philanthropists also shined up their stilettos for the first Jewel Charity Ball since the start of the pandemic, donned their ballgowns for an elegant FWSO Gala, and slid on their cowboy boots and hats for Cowtown Ball.