Dallas Cowboys' new menu at Arlington stadium includes birria, flaming Cheetos
Back off, State Fair of Texas, you do not have a lock on crazy food: The Dallas Cowboys have unveiled their new menu for the 2023 NFL season at AT&T Stadium, debuting Sunday, September 17 at the home opener when the Cowboys play the New York Jets.
In a statement, Legends Hospitality VP of food & beverage George Wasai highlights some of the more notable additions, which include Fritos Brisket Mac n Cheese, Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Elote, a BLT Dog; and their plant-based offerings including a burger, Buffalo Chik’n Nachos, and Touchdown Tots.
Wasai leads the Legends Hospitality at AT&T Stadium team along with Executive Chef Marcelo Vasquez, Executive Pastry Chef Marcello Guevara, and Concessions Chef Heather Fuller. Don't forget, Legends Hospitality was recently appointed to oversee the food outlets at the AT&T Discovery District in downtown Dallas.
New menu items for 2023 NFL season include:
- Birria Quesadilla - beef in Mexican spices, pepperjack, and Oaxaca cheese grilled inside a 17-inch flour tortilla, served with Birria consommé
- Lineman Burrito - 17-inch flour tortilla filled with mac & cheese, smoked brisket, jalapeño pepperjack sausage, pico de gallo and candied jalapeños
- Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Elote - corn topped with crema, cotija cheese, and Flamin’ Hot Cheetos
- BBQ Dog - Nathan’s All Beef hot dog served in a brioche bun and topped with brisket, fried onions, candied jalapeños, and BBQ sauce
- BLT Dog - Nathan’s hot dog with bacon, lettuce, tomato
- NY Onion Dog - Nathans’s hot dog topped with grilled onions and pico de gallo
- Fritos Brisket Mac n Cheese Balls - brisket, mac & cheese breaded with BBQ Fritos and fried, served on mac & cheese
- Brisket Mac n Cheese Bowl - mac & cheese, brisket, jalapenos, and BBQ sauce
- Turkey Bacon Hoagie - turkey sandwich with bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, bacon jam aioli, an Italian herb hoagie baked exclusively for the Dallas Cowboys by a local bakery, oooh who could that bakery be
Returning items include Tostitos Ultimate Nachos, Cowboys Cheesesteak, Al Pastor Tacos, Corn Dog With No Name Texas corn dog, and Black Rifle Coffee.
Launched in 2021, plant-based offerings feature vegetarian ingredients, including local produce grown at WE Over Me Farm at Paul Quinn College in Dallas. These are sold at the Plant-Based/Vegetarian Carts located at sections U411 and U441.
- Awesome Plant-Based Burger - on a brioche bun with lettuce, tomato, grilled onion, and chipotle aioli
- Buffalo Chick’n Nachos - blue corn tortilla chips topped with jalapeño jack queso and Sweet Earth’s plant-based chicken tossed in buffalo sauce, with pickled jalapeños.
- Touchdown Tots - tator tots drizzled with jalapeño jack cheese, guacamole, sour cream, Earth’s plant-based chicken tossed in Cholula Sauce, and pico de gallo
People who pay for suites get their own lineup of eateries that include Texas Steakhouse, Gran Cantina, Texas Barbecue, the Gridiron, and the Football Fiesta, who serve more chef-driven dishes including chicken Hatch tamales, lobster club sandwich, French onion dip with potato chips, Melissa’s Bite-Sized Nuggets made with Chia & Flaxseed, pizzas on focaccia crust, aguachile shrimp, chicken wing trio with drumstick & flat wings, lobster mac & cheese, Buffalo chicken spring rolls, strawberry shortbread, and chocolate dipped strawberries.